Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday afternoon update

Great morning on deck, mainly watching swimming from a great seat! I was a little off on my reserve assignment location - I was sitting on the turn end and stepping in only for the people walking stroke - which I did three times (bad for the swimmers who were disqualified).

Praying today for family, friends and acquaintances in Colorado Springs. Several USA Swimming staff have gone home from Omaha to be with evacuated family members.

Update on Jayme, the swim official who broke her wrist.....she is up and around, actually working a position on the main floor sort of underneath the pool area. She's a trooper.

Wednesday finals assigment: Start end, lane 1

I have absolutely loved being here so far. It's a great atmosphere with good friends, new friends and of course great swimming.

Thursday night after finals there is a dinner with Athletes in Action. Will make for a pretty late night but I'm looking forward to touching base with Josh Davis and meeting a few Trials qualifiers who are Jesus followers. Not all the swimmers will make it but encouraging any athlete in their faith is worth it. For swimmers there is a consistent reminder of who we follow first - found at the bottom of every lane at every wall is a cross. I remember seeing it hundreds of times a day during practice.

You can find information, stories and more on the AIA Facebook page. I'm not sure of the exact address since I've shut down FB for the Sabbatical. The email address is "aiaswim" so it could look something like that. Sorry I can't be more precise. A link was provided in yesterday's email from AIA to a story about Caitlin Leverenz who was 2nd in the 400 IM and is presently 2nd in the 200 IM for tonight's semi-final race.

What helps you focus on Jesus in the midst of your day at work, at home, at school, at practice, on the road or in the air? Everybody needs a good reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment