Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reminiscing

Privileged this week to be in Columbia, Missouri @ the University of Missouri for a Sectional Meet (basically a few levels removed from Olympic Trials). I'm catching up with some official friends I haven't seen in some time, spending time with good friends with whom I'm on deck a lot, and having a great time meeting a lot of new officials from Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.


I've enjoyed catching up with Greg Rhodenbaugh, a Cincinnati native, and head coach at Missouri and meeting many new coaches - Pablo Morales from Nebraska (former world record holder in the 200 fly) - Brian from Drury University (8x defending Men's Division 2 National Champs).


I titled this reminiscing because the last time I was at Missouri was a recruiting trip in 1982! Definitely not the same old pool! It wasn't the right place at that time in my life. The coach was a Jewish believer who prayed with me over the phone after the trip. He wanted what God wanted for me. I can trace His hand through it all but only in the rear view mirror.


Where can you see God was working, now that you look back? How can you become more sensitive to His movement in the here and now?











No comments:

Post a Comment