Wednesday, July 25, 2012

England - here we come!

These last couple of days have been a constant scramble to make sure we know how to get from here to there in Great Britain! We're very excited to head there next week for a couple of days in Edinburgh, Scotland and then the rest of the time in and around London.


We planned some day trips, attendance at an Olympic event and our budget based on our housing location through Athletes In Action (for which we're very grateful they let us piggy-back with them). The housing was less than 1 mile from Buckingham Palace, which is right next to the Beach Volleyball stadium for which we have tickets. Then 4 weeks ago AIA asked us to move to their second location 45 minutes north of the city! YOW!


The only thing I can control is my reaction to the new circumstances :)
What will God bring our way? Who will God put in our path? How will we see Him along this different path.


Please pray for some connections that are now going to be a little tight with tickets already purchased. Whatever happens we'll rejoice and seek to bring glory to the name of Jesus - with a smile!!


I like to plan (big surprise, I know) and am learning this summer an in depth lesson about adjusting, going with the flow and looking for God's fingerprint in places off the beaten path. England will be an adventure. I'm so grateful that the whole family gets to come - even the newlyweds for a few days. Without AIA's generosity in opening a place for us we wouldn't have been able to afford for all 6 of us to be there. To have my whole family there is a tremendous blessing!


Edinburgh Castle
Having been to London before I'm excited to have the family along and see their reaction to some amazing history and scenery, while I enjoy some new sites and their presence. Never been to Scotland so that will be wonderfully different for us together.


I have no idea how many blog posts I'll get up starting Tuesday. Hopefully a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment